The BDM’s primary job is to target and gain new business. The BDM is a HUNTER, characterized by a high activity level, willingness and ability to meet customers and identify opportunities for the company.
In addition, maintain & further develop existing customers in close cooperation with customer service and management. It is expected that a BDM is able to work independently, shows initiative and the ability to drive people.
Report to: General Manager Sales
Role: Individual contributor
Direct subordinates: None
- Build and maintain a pipeline in Microsoft Dynamics in accordance with company guidelines
- Target and qualify a list of potential clients in main focus trade lanes identified by DSV.
- Gain new business and target new trade lanes within client selection.
- Provide client and target information, maintain CRM with 100% accuracy on every sales call and visits.
- Plan and achieve a minimum number of sales calls per week.
- Ensure detailed SOP’s are in place for the client.
- Weekly presentation of pipeline and activities using Microsoft Dynamics (dashboard) to management.
- List account information, contact details, meeting schedules, opportunities and service lines as well as visiting reports in accordance with company guidelines.
- Support regional sales campaigns.
- Generate sales leads to overseas DSV offices and networks.
- Establish strong relationships to customers as well as colleagues.
- Monthly review of performance with individual sales and action plan setting where needed.
- Responsible for assisting in collecting of payment from customers in accordance with company guidelines.
- Be able to acknowledge and understand company capabilities and identify improvement areas where needed.
- Ensure proper stakeholder management including relevant involvement of product specialists, Inside Sales, RDMs or/and management.
- Achieve KPI’s set by management.
- DSV supply Code of Conduct is adhered to.
- Other tasks assigned by management
Internal – Commercial Team (RDM, Inside Sales, Tender Management & Strategic Business Development, Product Management, Finance and Operations Team).
External – Customers/Clients
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Sales experience of 3-5 years in a multi-national freight forwarding company.
- Industry Knowledge and is aware of the market
- Self-Managed, Result Driven & outgoing personality
- Business minded
- Result orientated
- Energetic & proactive
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to communicate industry related information to people outside our industry
- Diplomatic, influencing & trustworthy
- Ability to define requirements, analyse facts, and determine relevant solutions/actions to be taken
- Extrovert personality with strong relationship building capabilities
- Working conditions, hereunder hours and requirements, may be above normal office requirements.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening working hours (as needed)
- You will be working in an international environment being part of one of the world’s most profitable freight forwarding companies.
- You will at the same time get the opportunity to (and be encouraged to) set your individual footprint on UAE branches in regards to activity and development.
- You will be working in a performance driven culture, where your individual achievements will be recognized, directly affecting your personal development, career, rewards and future opportunities.
Interested in the job? Click here to apply