How to link your VAT registration number with Dubai Customs?
The implementation of VAT in the UAE is a reality for all businesses. In this short guide, DSV will show you how to link your VAT registration number with Dubai Customs.
You will need the following information and documents before registering. Please be aware that the system will request document uploads and thus, you will need document softcopies.
1. Login details for Dubaitrade.ae
2. Softcopy of the valid company trade license
3. Softcopy of VAT certificate or screenshot of VAT Dashboard from the Federal Transport Authority (FTA) website
4. Establishment card address details
Once you have all documents ready, follow these steps:
1. Go to Dubaitrade.ae and log in with your credentials
2. Navigate to User Management
3. Select DP World VAT Profile
4. You are now ready to fill out the VAT information
Filling out your VAT information form
The VAT information section has 4 sub-sections. Each one needs to be filled in with the details stated in your documentation. The first two sections will request you to upload the documents.
Section 1 – Trade License Details
1. Select the Agent Type
2. Fill in the Trade License Number stated in your Trade License certificate
3. Fill in the Issuing Authority stated in your Trade License certificate
4. Fill in your Trade License Expiry Date stated in your Trade License certificate
5. Upload your Trade License Copy – accepted file types (jpg/jpeg/png/pdf) with max upload size of 500KB
Section 2 – VAT Details
1. Fill in the VAT Registration Country stated in your VAT Registration certificate
2. Fill in the VAT Number/TAX Registration Number stated in your VAT Registration certificate
3. Upload your VAT Certificate – accepted file types (jpg/jpeg/png/pdf) with max upload size of 100KB
Section 3 – Address of establishment
1. Select the country as stated on your establishment card address details
2. Fill out the address
Section 4 – Address of operation
1. Select country. In this case, United Arab Emirates.
2. In the future, you will be able to add other GCC countries
Once all sections have been completed, please tick the box with the text "You hereby confirm that the information you are providing is accurate and complete". Then, please click on Submit.